Thursday, May 5, 2011

AT YOUR BEST ~ Ebonie


“Life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced.” Soren Kierkegaard

Tell us why you felt at your best in this moment:

This picture was taken while vacationing in Antigua last August. I was on the brink of a nervous breakdown when my cousin/lil sis suggested that I probably needed a change of environment. I took off from NYC feeling rather glum. After a few days in the sun, a few new friends, and the best two weeks ever, I realized things weren’t that bad. I had much to be grateful for. I returned to New York with a new perspective. I was determined to outlast my troubles. In this pic, I am my authentic self. I am the person I wish to be always, smiling even in the midst of adversity, exuding confidence, hope, optimism, and love always.

How do you define beauty:

Beauty is the ability to be sure of yourself, the desire to operate in love, and the resolution to be authentic. Beauty is what’s on the inside; it is that combination of positive elements, so engrained in your soul, that it becomes visible to those you encounter.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world…” Marianne Williamson

How do you define happiness:

We all have a role to fill and a task to complete. Happiness is finding, pursuing and fulfilling your purpose. It is the determination to operate at full potential, by chasing after your calling. Happiness is knowing what you were created to do, and, most importantly, how you can be of service to others. Once we figure this out, we will be magically catapulted, out of our comfort zone, to experience a world of people and opportunities.

"The most important thing to remember is this: To be ready at any moment to give up what you are for what you might become.” W.E.B. DuBois

Your turn! Send your pics in to PeaceLovePrettyThings@gmail.com and tell us why you felt happy and beautiful and at your best in that moment. Feel free to share your favorite quotes about happiness and beauty and we'll include them with your feature. Please put AT YOUR BEST in the subject line.
 

1 comments:

GG said...

I love everything about this, Ebonie!

Extra-specially I love this ---> "Beauty is the ability to be sure of yourself, the desire to operate in love, and the resolution to be authentic. Beauty is what’s on the inside; it is that combination of positive elements, so engrained in your soul, that it becomes visible to those you encounter."

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!