Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What Strong Women Do




source

“I don’t want to walk through life like I’m asleep. I want to feel everything. The joy. The pain. The wins and the losses. I want to fall and shock myself at how I’m able to keep getting up.” me

And while I’m falling down and wiping my tears and getting back up, I want to look good and feel like a warrior with my head held high. I’ll be the first one to tell you that appearances and material things don’t matter and it’s what’s inside that counts. And in the next breath I’ll tell you that no matter how you’re hurting or what’s going on, you need to get up off your hurt feelings and do your hair and put some lipstick on and keep it moving. Everyone’s been through it, and the world is going to keep spinning.

As a woman of character and spirit, how you handle ups and downs distinguishes you. With the right perspective, your struggles will empower you and bring out your beauty. Self-pity and bitterness will only slow you down. 

“You see, no one can take your power - only you can give it away. When you do, the resulting self-pity and desperate behavior basically repel the things you really want.” me

Feeling sorry for yourself will not make that man be faithful. Eating everything in sight will not make all of your debt magically go away. A Facebook rant calling out this person and that person for betraying you will not create the karma that you want. Waiting to be rescued will not give you the strength to carry on. At some point, you have to get sick of feeling bad and decide to feel good.

Where’s all this coming from? Someone needs to hear this. Someone needs to snap out of it and get back to the business of being fabulous. This is the life, ladies. You weren’t put here to roll over and give up. Always choose to view things in a spiritual and mindful way. Remember that you are a universe within yourself and you don’t need a person, a title or a dollar amount to make you whole. 

Take what you have, dust it off and make it sparkle. I’ll see you out there. xoxo

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Brilliant! Thank you :-)

GG said...

Thank you!!! And you're welcome ;-)

Shelley Mc said...

Oh yes, I needed this

Perfect in my Imperfections said...

Thanks!!! I needed this...

Anonymous said...

Awesomeness!

GG said...

Thanks for reading ladies :) Please share with other women in your lives! You never know who needs a pep talk!

PhenomenallyMe said...

MUCh MUCh MUCH needed, you just don't know how on time this was for me...Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Seems kind of harsh. You don't know what a person has gone through or walked in their shoes so you really shouldn't berate a person having a hard time. Sometimes things like that make it even worse. This didn't feel like a pick you up but a pick up and slam you down. Isn't that what the person is already going thru? Just a thought.

Mrs Jai said...

Thank you, I needed to read this

GG said...

@PhenomenallyMe Yay! I'm glad this hit home for you!!!

@Anon Thanks for your comment. I respect your opinion but I hope that most who read this will receive it the way it was intended.

GG said...

@Mrs Jai You're welcome! Sending hugs, sis.

Anonymous said...

Needed this right at this moment

Unknown said...

I needed this badly :) My co-worker told me today that I lost my "fire" and I wasn't as feisty, because I'm still dealing with a break up that really really hurts deeply, but thank you for the words of encouragement :)

GGmadeit said...

I thought I left a comment already. THIS was everything I needed just when I needed it. I was al prepared to send out invitations to my pity party. It's the first holiday season without my parents. I lost them both in a span of 6 weeks...but the blessing is I had them and death can't take my memories. Thank you for this!

Anonymous said...

At the anon on Nov. 15th: I see your point, but in my opinion, at some in your life you need to pick yourself up and keep going. That's what I got from what GG was saying.

Ash said...

I like this post because it is honest. I needed to hear this. Thank You

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this!!

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!