Monday, December 3, 2012

Link Love: The Simply Luxurious Life (Why Never Giving Up is the Best Idea)



Happy Monday! I hope you all are having a wonderful week so far. I am in a little bit of a funk/at a bit of a crossroads today. There is one particular goal that I have that I've been working on achieving for a really long time--probably about 15 years--and lately I've been feeling like maybe it won't ever happen. Every time I feel that I have made significant progress or had a breakthrough, something occurs to make me feel like I haven't done anything at all. It's high and low and an emotional roller coaster, and today I was thinking about putting it on the back burner. In fact, I was having a conversation with a friend about my frustrations, just as this post from one of my favorite blogs, The Simply Luxurious Life, hit my inbox. The message here couldn't be more clear, and I thought that maybe someone else might be struggling with a decision and need this advice too. 

“Nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost legendary.

Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.

Perseverance and determination alone are omnipotent.”

~ U.S. President Calvin Coolidge  

Each one of us is on a journey, and based on the many emails I receive from you, my readers, I know that many of you are in the middle of striving toward the goal you have set for yourself. Whether it’s a professional or personal goal, working towards a promotion or strengthening your relationship, I genuinely believe so long as you are heading in the right direction, never giving up is the best idea.

Why? Let me explain. Read the rest of this post...
We know that timing is everything, and even if it isn't my time just yet, I've got to keep working to be ready when my time comes. This post served as the best kind of reminder. Here's to never giving up.     {photo source}  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!