Thursday, March 18, 2010

Jealous Moments


We've all been there. Jealousy is a bitter, wasteful and blind emotion. Jealousy can take you completely out of character, and lead you right into real-life situations that you've created with your own imagination. It's hard to acknowledge that jealousy really comes from our own lack of self-worth. But it's true.

I needed this reminder this week. Lately, I've been struggling with a need to control everything. And this jealousy thing is one of the ways in which this struggle has been showing up. It hurts to admit it, but it's insecurity - and I'm still trying to figure out where it's coming from. I know it's a symptom of some deeper issues. But for now, I'm putting this aspect in perspective by dissecting it and facing it.

The following quote really hit home for me, and made me see myself.

"Jealousy is simply and clearly the fear that you do not have value. Jealousy scans for evidence to prove the point - that others will be preferred and rewarded more than you. There is only one alternative - self-value. If you cannot love yourself, you will not believe that you are loved. You will always think it's a mistake or luck. Take your eyes off others and turn the scanner within. Find the seeds of your jealousy, clear the old voices and experiences. Put all the energy into building your personal and emotional security. Then you will be the one others envy, and you can remember the pain and reach out to them."

~Jennifer James

What have you been working on?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to say how much I love your blog! Whenever I tune in, the message is always something I need to hear, or something I'm working through...is this a Coincidence?...umm, we know there's no such thing. So, Thank you, Thank you and Thank you again, for some how knowing just what i need to hear, when I need to hear it...lol... Keep up the great work!

GG said...

Thanks so much! It's really great to hear that feedback. Knowing that we are connecting with people is a great feeling.

Keep in touch!

Jamie said...

This post was right on time for me.

I always want to be in control, and I want what I want when I want it (terrible, I know, but I'm working on it :) And sometimes, I have trouble admitting that I'm jealous and insecure, but it's something I need to acknowledge and work in. I LOVE the quote at the end; I'll definitely be using it.

Thanks again!

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!