Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Today is always a new day!

Every day that we awaken is a new day, and with it comes new opportunity. With it comes the ability to let go of the hurts and disappointments from yesterday and push forward toward new experiences. Every day, promise yourself to be ambitious in pursuit of your goals and dreams, to be oblivious to the attempts of others to bring you down, to be loving and to be good to yourself. A great way to remind yourself to do these things daily is with statements of intent, "Today, my intent is to ____ (fill in the blank)" or "Today, I am dedicated to _____ (fill in the blank)." Once you have set the intention, be diligent in following it through for the rest of the day. Not sure how to finish those sentences yet? Here are some that help me:

Today I am dedicated to releasing everyone and everything that does not serve a divine purpose in my life.

Today I am devoted to bringing peace into all situations and experiences.

Today I am devoted to understanding and embracing the true value and meaning of trust.

Today I am devoted to having a surprising new response to the same old thoughts and feelings.

Today I am devoted to acknowledging the good things that I am.

Today I am devoted to making clear decisions about what I choose to experience!

Today I am devoted to living a guilt-free life.

Today I am devoted to moving beyond any feelings of wrongness to do and say what I believe is the right thing for me!

Today I am devoted to listening to what my life is saying. I am committed to making the adjustments that are needed!

Today I will love myself, listen to myself and expect the best from myself and for myself.



**Today statements exerpted from Until Today: Daily Devotions for Spiritual Growth and Peace of Mind, by Iyanla Vanzant

1 comments:

Jamie said...

I love these affirmations!

I have some already, but I will incorporate some of these, too! : )

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!