Wednesday, November 24, 2010

5 Keys to a Fantastic Day

Photo Credit
Morning is the most important part of the day as it sets the tone for the remainder of the day. It is at this time that decisions are made—whether consciously or unconsciously—about the mood or feeling we’ll carry with us, how we will react to the difficulties we may face, and how productively we’ll execute our daily tasks. I like to use my morning routine to set a specific intention each day, for example: focus, balance or productivity. My mornings consist of 5 essential elements that I call my keys to a fantastic day.   

  1. Daily prayers/affirmations – Prayer is the time for speaking. Ask for whatever it is that you will need to get you through the day, whether it is patience, creativity, courage, determination—you know yourself well enough to know what you’ll need in extra doses.
  2. Meditation – Meditation is the time for listening. Spend even as little as 5 minutes per day in silence and gratitude, with an open heart, and you’ll be surprised at the clarity you can achieve.
  3. Exercise – You’ve heard it before: exercising in the morning gives you energy, gears up your metabolism for the day and releases endorphins that help you to be in a great mood. It’s all true.
  4. Vitamins –Take a daily multi-vitamin. Try vitamin E to promote healthy hair, skin and nails. Use Echinacea to promote healthy white blood cells and a strong immune system. Slip a sublingual vitamin B12 for sustained energy throughout the day. The use of supplements works differently for each individual; listen to your body, pay attention to how it operates, so you’ll know what you are in need of and where to supplement.
  5. Breakfast – Having breakfast is the best way to jump start your body and your healthy eating habits for that day. Start with super foods that increase metabolism, help you to feel full and give you energy like fruit, fruit smoothies enhanced with vitamins, proteins and whole grains.
What other simple things do you incorporate into your morning routine to help set the intention for your day?

4 comments:

Christina said...

Wow! I usually drag my feet in the morning until I meet a togo cup of coffee & rush out the door.
I've often thought about waking up earlier just to have time for myself, but this would require me making it to bed before midnight. LOL
Your 5 essentials are inspiring!

Kim Jackson said...

LOL @ that "to go" cup, Marie! But I completely understand. I am a night owl as well and one of my biggest challenges is going to bed at an hour that will allow me to get up and do these things. My self-talk at night is usually a reminder of how much better I feel throughout the day when I take this time for myself. Start small--maybe just get up 15 minutes earlier a few days a week, and do just one of these things and then gradually build your way up to more.

Oh--and I take my breakfast with me to work and have it there. That's 20 more minutes of sleep at least :-)

Sistergirl said...

I sure wish I could start my day like that every day. I may do it two out of the three. But I wish I could do it every day like most people.lol

Kim Jackson said...

Some time is better than no time, Sistergirl. Build your way up--the more you do, the more you'll be able to do. :-)

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!