Monday, February 14, 2011

Express Love: On Valentine's Day and Every Day



source
Today, and every year on February 14th, we celebrate Valentine’s Day. In a lot of ways, Valentine’s Day has become rife with expectations of chocolate, balloons, cards, flowers, expensive dinners and exaggerated displays of affection. While this is totally fine if it’s what you’re actually into; trying to force it adds pressure that shouldn’t be present when it comes to giving. It seems that many of the gestures associated with this holiday have become a bit robotic and contrived, as opposed to being honest expressions of genuine feeling. I would encourage you to balk at tradition, and find ways to express your love for your Valentine in a way that is authentic and meaningful just for you. I also urge you to remember to appreciate the love in your life on a daily basis—be present when spending time with your special person and relish every moment you are allowed to have with them. Be fiercely loving, overly generous and wildly affectionate on every single day of the year.
Affirmations:

There is an abundance of love all around me at all times and I revel in it.

I give and receive love openly, honestly and willingly.

I allow love to be present in my life on a daily basis.

I express love in a way that is authentic for me, while being mindful of the needs of the receiver.
Even if you’re not in a romantic relationship, express gratitude for the love you receive from family and friends. It is just as meaningful. Happy Valentine’s Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!