Friday, October 23, 2009

Is it me?

Do you wonder why you keep attracting the same kinds of men into your life? Friendships? Financial Situations? It doesn't matter - the law of attraction does not discriminate. I recently came across the following excerpt and wanted to share. If we are honest with ourselves, we can all relate to the truth in these words. And if we take it a step further and are proactive with that honesty, we can make actual changes in our lives to break these cycles. The only way to make change in your life is to change yourself.



When you are not happy with yourself, you cannot be happy with others. Everyone comes into your life to mirror back to us some part of ourselves we cannot or will not see.
They show us the parts we need to work on or let go of. They reveal to us the things we do and the effects they have on ourselves and others. They say to us openly the things we say to ourselves silently. They reveal to us the fears, doubts, weaknesses and character flaws we know we have but refuse to address or acknowledge. We can usually see the faults of others very clearly. We all have people in our lives who anger or annoy us, who rub us the wrong way. They may create confusion or chaos. They may bring pain or disruption. They may reject us, abandon us and create some sort of harm.
Before we get busy trying to fix the person or remedy the situation, we should ask ourselves:
Why is this person in my life?
What am I doing to draw this to myself?
How do I do what they do, and how can I release this need?

When we cleanse, heal and bring ourselves into balance, everyone in our lives will do the same or DISAPPEAR.


~author unknown

4 comments:

♥ CG ♥ said...

I totally agree. When I think about the people who've been in my life at one point or another I usually find some commonalities and figure out why we're still/not friends currently.

Anonymous said...

I needed to read this today.

I believe this post is spot on. Thanks for sharing.

GG said...

It also helps you to let go of people and situations and not feel so much guilt and regret. It's scary to change and it's uncomfortable and unfamiliar but soon it really opens you up to more of who you really are and what you can attract. Bottom line is, at some point I got tired of blaming other people for my problems and since then I haven't looked back.

Anonymous said...

since reading this post I've thought about the people in my life that are "negative" and reflected on myself and how I have attracted that. It is a mind-opening exercise.

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!