Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lean On Me

Atleast once a week, I get completely overwhelmed with everything I have to do, need to do, want to do, and don't do. Last night, my weekly visitor was here and in full effect!! Wooooosaaaaaaa!

This excerpt reminds me not to be so hard on myself, to ask for help when I need it and to take life as it comes.

Have a peaceful and productive day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Every woman is every other woman trying to figure out who she is.
Women of color have been led to believe that they must be everything to everyone. As a result, we do not know how to ask for support when we need or want it.
We become angry with others when they are not there for us, but we must realize people cannot, will not and do not know how to help if we do not know how to ask.
Take sixty seconds for yourself and ask what yourself what you need. If it is assistance with a project, a shoulder to cry on, a special something you need or want for yourself, let other people support you. We make judgments about what people can and will do and we move on our assumptions. We never really know what a person is willing to do or capable of doing until we ask. Nothing is too big or too small to ask for if we need it.
When we don't ask for what we need, the need keeps getting bigger.

If I need support today I will ask for it.
~author unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!