Monday, May 17, 2010

No Regrets - Only Purpose

Sometimes it gets confusing trying to figure out what to do. Am I doing the right thing? What if I'm wrong? I'll be embarrassed. What will people say? If the confusion is on the inside, the answer is there, too. No human being has all the answers. One of the greatest mysteries we must unravel is our purpose, and there are no guarantees about what we will encounter on our way.

We are taught we must be validated by others. Unfortunately, we believe it. We don't trust ourselves. We search for the support and acceptance of others. We question what we know unless we can identify someone else who taught us. We forget we have a built in mechanism of information, protection and guidance. We move outside of ourselves, then cry and feel unlucky when we get lost. If we are to survive we must accept and understand what we already know. When in doubt, have no fear. Ask yourself: "Do I have the strength and courage to do what I know is right and necessary for me?''

I'm always looking for security and guarantees. When really, in life, there are none. Today, I'm remembering that my security lies in the fact that every mistake or success that I experience has a purpose.

Vows and Promises
Elude me so to Purpose
I surrender All.
~ Haiku by GG

2 comments:

♥ CG ♥ said...

Wonderful reminder to get out there and make life fun and fulfilling :-)!

GG said...

Definitely! I always have to remind myself to stop worrying and just LIVE!!

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!