Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy Black Girl Day - The Final Analysis


source
Do you ever feel like your kindness is not appreciated?  Or that the love try to put out into the world is not returned to you?  If so, this post is for you.  Remember, the ability to give and expect nothing in return is an important part of being happy.  Joy comes from within when you know who you are and are not threatened or saddened by how anyone reacts to it.  As the quote says below, it's not about them anyway.

"People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered: Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives: Be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies: Succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you: Be honest and frank anyway. What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight: Build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous: Be happy anyway. The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow: Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough: Give the world the best you've got anyway. You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway."
~Mother Teresa



3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I do all the time. Gotta remember to do it because it makes to feel good to do it even if the givee does not care.

Peace, Love and Chocolate,
Tiffany

Jess said...

I feel v. out of the loop bc I pretty much NEVER know when its black girl day...but anyway yes, trying to remember that this life is about you and God is a daily struggle. The epiphany usually comes when you get so worked up then you sit and think, wait why am I so worried about ___________ anyway?

Anonymous said...

Wow, I had one of those days , when every person I encountered was rude & in a hurry. I kept my God given peace. Bye the end of the day I was so happy to have stayed joyful! I felt soo blessde

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!