Monday, August 15, 2011

It's Not As Bad As You Think



A friend sent this to me last week, and I thought it would be good for a little Monday morning perspective.  While these are extreme examples, they serve as good reminders. The emotional, mental and physical trials we face are certainly real for us, and we must endure them to learn and to become stronger; and often it is difficult to see good in our lives while we're in the midst of our troubles. These little notes serve as reminders that it could always be worse. We have to be thankful for the good that prevails in our lives, even when there are areas that we would like to see improved.

Wishing you a peaceful, productive week filled with gratitude for what is, as opposed to despair over what could be.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, I absolutely love your blog. This post puts things in perspective. Keep up the fantastic work.

♥ CG ♥ said...

Amen! We often get caught up in the meaningless "issues" of life when the truth is that we are born with infinite tangible and intangible blessings.

Kim Jackson said...

@ Anon - thank you so much! That means alot, and we will certainly do our best.

@CG - Very well said! I love that: "infinite tangible and intangible blessings". Thank you!

Tiffany said...

Great eye opener.

Peace, Love and Chocolate,
Tiffany

caramelgirl said...

Putting things in perspective is really helpful. Today I was stressed about all the work I have to do, and I went to get something to eat from Dunkin Donuts. I ordered 1 crossaint but when I looked in my bag I had two. I was surprised and turned around, the cashier just smiled and nodded. I assumed maybe my face had shown that I was a bit stressed, and that small act of kindness really brightened my day. I walked away from Dunkin Donuts thinking, "you know, things aren't really that bad". and they werent, the day isnt even over and I'm finish all the work that I had to do.

Kim Jackson said...

@Tiffany - right?! Sometimes we get so blinded by our own stuff that we don't realize that someone has it worse.

@caramelgirl - Sometimes the smallest thing can brighten our day and change our perspective. Glad your day got better due to that small act of kindness:-)

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!