Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Find Your Truth" Series - Part V


We introduced our ‘Find Your Truth’ series as a means of discovery through shared experience: the experience of finding out what remains or becomes true for each of us as we grow older, more mature, and have more life experience.

We consulted some wonderful and brilliant women to discover what they have found to be their personal truths as they have worked to become the people they are today. If you’ve been reading the series thus far, you’ve seen that they are all relatable in some way. Through the sharing of their humorous, intelligent and insightful answers, we hope that you’ll begin to discover some truths of your own.

In the fifth post of the series, blogger Bethy Pierre shares some of her personal truths.

“Don't limit yourself. Who you are today may not be who you are a year from now. That's because you're always changing, growing and developing.” – Bethy Pierre

This I know to be true about:

Relationships

It's an ever-changing entity that takes a lot of work. As easy as it is to not deal with people, relationships are essential to our beings. I've learned over the years: Don't take the actions of others personally, make yourself available to others and be open and keep your network varied. It's good to be connected with different types of people.

Money

Being financially responsible is what separates those who are living paycheck to paycheck and those who are thriving. It's not about how much you make but what you do with what you have. And the sooner each of us realizes that, then we can be decisive in how money operates in our lives.

Friendships

They say that the five people who you spend the most time with make up who you are. So it's important to be picky who you make your friends. Who you surround yourself with can either have a negative or positive impact in your life. So choose wisely.

Men

I've given up trying to figure them out. It's not worth the headache. I'm better off spending my energy on more fruitful things.

Job/Career

It doesn't define you. It's only a facet to who you are.

Family

Your family isn't always related by blood. It's the individuals in one's life that are always there for you. As for the blood-relatives, never give up on them. They were made your family for a reason. Love on them.

Fitness

Without your health, you don't have anything. So, it's important to keep your body in check. But fitness for me, has been an awesome stress reliever. When one area of my life is out of whack, I can go for a quick run and for a while, my mind is off of my worries and onto something else.

Diet

I love me some sweets. And there have been times I've gone on binges of chocolate. While I'm indulging, I'm in heaven. But as soon as I surface from my chocolate coma, I regret it. As many times as I've done that I always come back to this point: Everything is best in moderation. Food tastes better that way and you get to enjoy it more. And you don't end up regretting any bite you take.

Yourself

Don't limit yourself. Who you are today may not be who you are a year from now. That's because you're always changing, growing and developing. And it's always important to evaluate yourself and see where you've been so you can determine where you are going.

You can further connect with Bethy at her blog, B. Pierre Writes.


To read previous entries in the Find Your Truth series, click below:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We hope Bethy's insight has inspired you to share your truths with us as well. Feel free to discuss in the comments section, or to email us at peaceloveprettythings@gmail.com with the subject "My Truth" and let us know that you would like to be featured.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!