Thursday, April 7, 2011

AT YOUR BEST ~ Adriene


Tell us why you felt at your best in this moment:

2010 was a tough year for me—in fact, one of the most trying years of my young life. I had lost my job in the middle of an awful recession, my grandfather had a mild stroke and several bad car accidents, and my grandmother was diagnosed with stage IV endometrial cancer. There were many times where I could have just given up. This picture was taken on December 11, 2010 at my 26th birthday party. Despite all of the troubles of the past year, my eternal optimistic spirit never allowed me to give up. Even with all the tears, pain, and heartache, I was still joyful and most importantly, still smiling!

How do you define beauty:

Beauty is being comfortable with who you are. There is no desire to be anything else than what you truly are.

How do you define happiness:

Happiness to me is that moment when you take a deep breath and look around and realize that everything is just as it should be. You wouldn’t change one thing about the path you took to get to that very moment.

What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us. And when we bring what is within out into the world, miracles happen." -- Henry David Thoreau

Your turn! Send your pics in to PeaceLovePrettyThings@gmail.com and tell us why you felt happy and beautiful and at your best in that moment. Feel free to share your favorite quotes about happiness and beauty and we'll include them with your feature. Please put AT YOUR BEST in the subject line.

3 comments:

The Momo Momma said...

love the message "no desire to be anything else than what you truly are" .... SO RIGHT! GREAT PIC ADRIENE!

GG said...

me too Leeann!!! That's the key to all happiness!

Beautiful picture. It's one of those ones that you can't help but smile when you look at it because the joy is just bursting out of it!

Adriene said...

Thanks Ladies!

This is def a fav pic of mine! I love that my friend was able to capture that moment! :)

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!