Thursday, April 28, 2011

AT YOUR BEST ~ Rachel


Tell us why you felt at your best in this moment:

Most people wouldn’t try to turn a wedding reception into a “You Got Served” competition, but as a single mother, there’s no shame in getting it in whenever, and wherever I can! After taking full advantage of the open bar, I looked over and noticed that my date was dancing beside a group of girls. This would seem innocent enough to the sober eye, but to the vodka cranberry eye, it said, “Those girls are trying to challenge you!” The last thing I remember saying to my date was “Watch, I’m about to shut this down.” Really? At a wedding??? Truthfully, I feel like I’m at my best in this moment, because I was WINNING (in my Charlie Sheen voice)….kidding…(kind of). I appreciate this picture, because although I love my kids to death, sometimes it’s nice to have little reminders that let you and everyone around you know, that you still “got it.”

How do you define beauty:

Beauty doesn’t come packaged in a formula of measurements, or features, but rather in the substance of a person. Worry lines and wrinkles that have been earned through a lifetime of love & heartache, birth & death and joy & pain are reflections of the character of the soul. Beauty is resilience, determination and grace.

How do you define happiness:

I don’t think there’s a blanket definition for happiness. True happiness, for me, comes when I’m doing the things I love the most: Singing along to Michael Jackson with my kids in the car, (Soooo Tonight, Gotta Leave That Nine To Five Up on The Shelf, And Just Enjoy Yourseeeelf!), holding a baby, reading bedtime stories, good conversation with my girlfriends and getting together with family.

“Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want." ~Margaret Young


Your turn! Send your pics in to PeaceLovePrettyThings@gmail.com and tell us why you felt happy and beautiful and at your best in that moment. Feel free to share your favorite quotes about happiness and beauty and we'll include them with your feature. Please put AT YOUR BEST in the subject line.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!