Thursday, April 14, 2011

AT YOUR BEST ~ Yvonne

Tell us why you felt at your best in this moment:

This was at my surprise baby shower in 2008 that my friends (including GG and Kim) and family threw for me. It was the biggest, pinkest, tears of joy lovefest that I could have imagined. I know that I’m loved, but to see all of that love in one room was overwhelming. I feel at my best when I’m surrounded by love, even if it’s just me acknowledging that I love myself.

My daughter, Kayla, was the unborn baby of the hour at the shower. She represents so much for me…..my faith, God’s love, and the reminder that I don’t have to try to be in control because God always is. I wanted my life to go according to my own timetable, but when I let go and let God, here comes this beautiful creature into my life. To Kayla, I’m the best, even when I’m not. I’m just ‘mommy’ to her, and that is one of the best roles that God has blessed me with.


How do you define beauty:

Beauty is knowing who you are inside, and actually liking that person….not because you’re perfect, but because you’re you. That love for self tends to radiate out and touch others. I find kindness, a sense of humor, and a caring spirit to be beautiful qualities that are also magnetic.

How do you define happiness:

Happiness is not only being loved, but loving. It’s appreciating all of the little things of beauty that surround us everyday. It’s going to bed every night with the peace of mind that no matter what stress or trials have come my way that day, my blessings are too numerous to count.

Your turn! Send your pics in to PeaceLovePrettyThings@gmail.com and tell us why you felt happy and beautiful and at your best in that moment. Feel free to share your favorite quotes about happiness and beauty and we'll include them with your feature. Please put AT YOUR BEST in the subject line.

3 comments:

The Momo Momma said...

ohhh this one is my fave! I'm partial to the lil' momma with the curly locks! :) LOVE IT!

dajewel1982 said...

goodness, i love this!!!

T. Renee said...

YAY Vonnie!!! And that precious Kayla :-)

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!