Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hold the Vision for the Life You Want

"Every great work, every great accomplishment, has been brought into manifestation through holding to the vision, and often just before the big achievement comes apparent failure and discouragement." - Florence Scovel Shinn

This past weekend, I moved into a new place. It meets (almost) every specification I'd desired, and is in a wonderful neighborhood that I've actually driven through for years without knowing the development I now live in was located nearby.

This past Friday, as my mom and I were driving, she turned to me and told me how proud she was of me; that she remembered how I have been telling her for the past couple of years that I would take the long way home from work to ride through this area, and that I would envision myself living here; now I actually live here and she was so happy for me. She reminded me of the power of visualization over other areas of my life too, and told me not to focus on the negative things; but instead to envision the changes that I want.

She was right. So often, we forget the power we have to affect change in our own lives. Whether positive or negative, our thoughts eventually become the concrete matter of our existence. It may seem like we face so much difficulty while we’re in our current situations, but that’s usually when the breakthrough is nearer than we think.

Preceding the move was a very stressful 45 day search, during which I was fearful that I wouldn't find the right place (or any place for that matter) prior to my lease expiring. Just when I reached the pinnacle of that fear though, I changed course and surrendered it, choosing to trust that everything would work out on my behalf. It did.

Whatever your situation, I encourage you to continue dreaming of, and visualizing the life you want. The things you focus on are going to be the things that manifest in your life either way; so make your dreams juicy and full of possibility.

As I was imagining a life here, I didn't realize I was visualizing something that would be brought to fruition--at least not so soon. So my visions were not inhibited by what I believed my reality to be. Even in my wildest daydreams, a move here didn't occur until much farther into the future.

Yet, here I am. And I wasn't even actively looking in this area. Life just knew what it was that I wanted because I’d been visualizing it. So keep holding onto your vision, and watch it manifest in your life.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on the new house! I had a similar situation with the house that I am in now. I always wanted to live in this area but when I started looking for homes, I didn't initially look in this area because I thought that it was out of my price range. I got a great deal and it was honestly the best house I had seen after a year and a half of looking.

Just Daisy said...

Congrats on the dream house! This post really reached out to me in a way I wasn't even expecting.

I really needed to read these words to continue to be motivated to push forward no matter what.

Your success truly is inspirational!

with love,
daisy

imjustdaisy.blogspot.com

DrNic2010 said...

Great post!!! Thanks for sharing. I'm totally archiving it for the days when I lose sight of the vision. I have the tendency to think negatively about my future :( No bueno...i know, but i do it anyway. But I actually acknowledge it now and am trying to change. This post will definitely help inspire me on tough days. Thanks for sharing a part of your life that you thought would be beneficial to someone else.

NMH

lifelover said...

Great post,as always so insightful! Congratulations on your new place and thank you for continuing to share your life with all of your readers!

Kim Jackson said...

Thanks so much, All!!! I'm so glad you could relate, so we can continue to inspire each other to hold the vision for the things we want. My work isn't done yet either--much more to bring to fruition ;-).

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!