Tuesday, September 27, 2011

PLPT GEMS: Meet Leticia


PLPT GEMS Presents
Leticia, of Organic Fusion 
Consultant. Music Lover. Soul Chaser.
Share with us a defining moment in your life that has shaped the woman you are today.
I don’t think it was just one moment, it was many moments and decisions that defined the woman I am today. I believe that each decision we make is an opportunity for us to be great. Reflection is also important to me. Sometimes when things don’t go well I take a moment to reflect and ask myself what I could have done differently to make sure I don’t make the same mistake twice.

Tell us about Chasing Soul and how you came to start your business?

I started Chasing Soul in June of 2010 as a creative outlet to share my musical journey. I have always loved music but felt like there was still a lot that I was missing. At the time I didn’t realize that Chasing Soul would lead to the creation of our business, Organic Fusion. In August of 2010 I was offered an opportunity to attend a music festival to get content for the blog. I took my friend Angenella with me and during the festival we were connecting with the artists backstage and utilizing social media to provide event updates. After the event we were contacted by our first client and he really inspired us to start the business (you never know who is watching you). Angenella and I decided to join forces and that is how the business was created. We partner with our clients to provide a variety of consulting services, social media strategy, and online marketing/promotions. We have also completed other projects such as management of a video shoot for Conya Doss which was an amazing experience. Taking this journey has been one of the best life decisions I have made -- my life will never be the same.

Leticia with Conya Doss
What are the most fulfilling and most challenging aspects of starting a business?

The most fulfilling aspect of starting the business is partnering with our clients to help them follow their passion. It really doesn’t feel like work. I have often you heard people say “Do what you love and it won’t feel like work” and now I finally understand what that means. The most challenging aspect of starting a business is work/life balance. So much to do, so little time.

What advice do you have for managing a day job, a family, a side hustle, and everything else on your plate (without going crazy)?

Two things are critical for me to maintain balance – prioritization and asking for help when I need it. I work full-time so it is always a challenge to meet the demands of family, working, blogging, and clients. I couldn’t do all of this without my family – their support is priceless. It is also beneficial to have Angenella to share the load with.


Angenella and Leticia - The ladies of Organic Fusion
How do you stay motivated and overcome doubt, fear and negative thinking?

Our business is still very new so we are still very motivated and continue to receive confirmation that Organic Fusion is the right business to grow.

What advice would you offer to others who are searching for their purpose or are afraid to take the first step towards their dreams?

I would recommend anyone searching for their passion to find out what makes them happy and pursue it relentlessly! Just take one step and one step will lead into another. Also, I recommend surrounding yourself with people that will support you and push you out of your comfort zone. You can’t do it alone.

Name someone who has inspired you and why.

I have been inspired by so many people but my Grandmother has been the most influential. She is 91 years old and has lived her life to be one of the most giving, confident, loving people I know. She is my rock!

How can our readers connect with you?

You can connect me via the blog: ChasingSoul.com, Facebook, Twitter

You can also connect with our business Organic Fusion: Facebook, Twitter

I look forward to connecting with you!
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!