Thursday, September 8, 2011

Seasons Change: Reflections on Time and Living in the Moment


source

Ready or not, Fall is upon us.  The change of seasons typically brings about a lot of self-reflection for me.  What about you?  What have you experienced this year?  What are you moving away from? What are you moving towards?   Today's quotes and affirmations remind us to keep time in the proper perspective and to take life as it comes. 

Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists and expires. ~Charles Caleb Colton

To always be intending to live a new life, but never find time to set about it - this is as if a man should put off eating and drinking from one day to another till he be starved and destroyed. ~Walter Scott

Having spent the better part of my life trying either to relive the past or experience the future before it arrives, I have come to believe that in between these two extremes is peace. ~Author Unknown

We can easily manage if we will only take, each day, the burden appointed to it. But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday's burden over again today, and then add the burden of the morrow before we are required to bear it. ~John Newton

Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness. ~James Thurber

We encourage you to meditate on the following affirmations to center yourself and strengthen your spirit:

I don't have to be perfect to begin my journey.
I am moving forward daily.
I acquire strength when I overcome adversity.
I am one-of-a-kind, authentic and living my truth.
I am taking action to make a positive impact on the world.
I live from a place of love and abundance.
I seek to be openminded as events unfold in my life.
All is well.






1 comments:

Tiffany said...

I do. After my birthday. I call it the fall funk.

Peace, Love and Chocolate,
Tiffany

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!