Wednesday, November 9, 2011

PLPT Reading List - November

Read


A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

It isn’t often that I read a book that completely transforms the way I view myself and the Universe as a whole, but A New Earth was that kind of book for me: illuminating, enlightening and “truth” shattering. In this book, author Eckhart Tolle clearly explains how to silence the human ego, a source of suffering and pain; and how to learn to live in a state of “being” as opposed to “acting” on the ego’s behalf. Metaphors, by way of example, help to clarify the narrative in a way that is accessible to everyone. It took a while for me to complete the book, since I would go back over passages to ensure I had a full understanding, but it was definitely worth taking my time to pore through; I recommend it to anyone who feels like they are working and spinning their wheels without seeing any real results. You can purchase it from the PLPT Bookstore by clicking here.

To Read


Spirit Junkie by Gabrielle Bernstein

First introduced to Gabrielle Bernstein through her blog on the Huffington Post, I was quickly drawn in by the energy that radiated from her posts, and subsequently sought to learn more about her concepts surrounding peace and happiness. I didn’t have to wait long because her first book, Add More ~Ing to Your Life, was released soon after. Specifically geared to young women, Gabby’s book tied together meditation, visualizing and physical movement as a formula for moving your life in a positive direction. And now, she has written a second book, Spirit Junkie, which describes her own journey of spiritual transformation. I’m excited to learn more about her story. And you can too when you click here to purchase.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!