Friday, July 24, 2009

For the mind and heart…


The Shack by Wm. Paul Young

I acknowledge that not all situations will be easy to be forgiving in. For example, when we experience severe loss to death or tragedy, it seems extremely difficult to do so. I recently read a book with my book club that deals with just this type of situation. It’s called The Shack, by Wm. Paul Young, and tells the story of a man whose daughter is abducted during a family vacation. After her passing, the father is bitterly sad, but receives an invitation to spend a weekend with God. Sounds far fetched, right? I thought so too. But the message in this book hits very close to home without being preachy—it is one that can be appreciated even if you aren’t “religious”. I’m not sure whether or not I believe the main character actually “met God”, but I definitely read several passages that rang true for me. Caution: read with an open mind and an open heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

RSS Feed Like us in Facebook follow me!